The Streema Blog

Posted on by Streema Team

Hello Streema users!

We're back with our Radio News update and, like it or not, again it's all about the UK stations. The radio industry over there definitely has many movers and shakers!

First of all, our dear Virgin Radio has been acquired by an Indian media group, and it looks like it might undergo a name change. What do you think about this, should they keep the Virgin name or not? We ran a poll within the team and this was the unanimous result: we'd like it to stay the same!

Secondly, we wanted to let you know that Planet Rock "has been saved"! In our previous Radio News post we mentioned that is was near closing, but thankfully enough, it didn't. : )

And last but not least, in case you've missed the Glastonbury Festival, you should listen to BBC Radio 1 and Q Radio during the next few days, as both stations are broadcasting the best of this year's edition.

That's all for now, hope you've enjoyed our latest bits of Radio News. Stay tuned!

The Streema Team

PS: Once again, thanks Cymon Humphries for providing us with the key industry information!

Posted on by Streema Team | Posted in Music, Radio News, Radios, Streema.com | Tagged , , , ,

6 Responses to Radio News – Virgin Radio acquired, Planet Rock “saved” and Glastonbury Festival rocked!

1. Shina says:

I can’t belive I missed the whole Glastooo!!!

2. Etienne Marais says:

I am a Gospel music fan and I like Gospel music in Afrikaans, English and African languages. I am a fan of Gospel artists like Hillsong United, Michael w Smith, Don Moen, Carmen, Benjamin Dube Rebecca Malope, Sandy Patti Rina Hugo, Leon Goosen, Leon Fereira, Lisbé Visser, Wanda de Kock, Jan de Wet, Danie Botha, Three 63, Innervision, Annalise Wiid, Oscar Ehrensperger, Willie Joubert, Piet Smit, Hanli Slabbert, Blue House, Cor Uys
    Nadine Blom, Sipho Makabane, Joyous Celebration, Retief Burger, Ontkiem, Ronell Erasmus, Jannie du Toit, Janita Claassen, Jannie Pelser, Petra, Jars of Clay, Jesus Culture, Vertikaal and many more Gospel artists and Gospel bands.

As a Christian I enjoy each one of this Gospel bands and artists and they bless my soul.

May God bless the Gospel music.

3. Etienne Marais says:

I like Cathy Viljoen, Prophet and Min Shaw as well.

4. Crysta Fray says:

galore and much more!

5. Etienne Marais says:

I like the South-African Christian radio stations.

6. Lizzie says:

I used to be recommended this blog by way of my cousin.
    I am no longer sure whether or not this put up is written through him as no one else
    know such certain about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thank you!